Easter is a wonderful time of year to celebrate with your kids and the fun part is that there are so many crafts and projects you can take on to make it special and unique. Easter is a Christian celebration but is also traditionally a time that you spend with family. Enjoying quality time at home, getting away on vacation, and seeing friends and family you might not have seen for a while.
Another thing we can associate Easter with is candy and chocolate. Chocolate eggs, Egg hunts, and lots of fun. Which got me thinking about cute ways to store and display chocolate and candy at Easter. Either in the home or a lovely cute idea as gifts. This brings me to these easy and eye-catching Cricut Easter jars. So if you want to make something like this then read on to find out how to make your Cricut Easter jars.
What do you need to create the Cricut Easter Jars?
It isn’t an extensive list of things that you need to create this craft at home and some of the things you may already have in your arts and crafts collection. Here is what you need to create the Cricut Easter Jars.
- Cricut Machine
- Cricut Cutting Mat
- Cricut Weeder
- Cricut Spatula
- Cricut Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Square jar with latch
- Craft paint
- Peep Peep SVG Template
- Bunny Bait SVG Template
How to make Cricut Easter Jars craft at home
Now that you have everything you need to make the Cricut Easter jars, now you can start the process of creating them. Here is your step-by-step guide to creating the Cricut Easter jars.
- Open Cricut Design Space, and click the “upload” button.
- Browse for your image, then click the “upload” button.
- Select your image, then click “add to canvas”.
- You then need to start the process of making the Cricut Easter Jars. Resize your image to fit your jar. For the purpose of this craft and the images being shared, it was 2.5 inches wide.
- Click on “weld”, then click “make it”, and then click “Continue”.
- Set your vinyl on the cutting mat.
- Connect your Cricut machine to your computer, then follow the prompts on the screen to cut your project.
- Once your files are cut, weed the letters, then apply the transfer tape, and use the spatula to remove any air bubbles.
- Remove the backing from your vinyl, then apply it to your jar, and use the spatula to help adhere it to the glass.
- Gently and carefully, remove the transfer tape.
- If you want to paint the jar, add craft paint to the inside of the jar, and roll the jar around, until it is all coated. Set on a paper plate, upside down to allow excess paint to pour out.
These DIY Easter cricut craft jars are perfect! They’re easy to make and can be customized in so many ways.
- Repeat the steps for the Bunny Bait wording, use this svg file here.
Some extra notes and tips that could help
While the process and method may sound easy, I wanted to share with you some extra notes and tips that could help you make more sense of it, or avoid any issues while you are enjoying the crafts. Here are some of the extra notes and tips to be aware of.
- If you have never used a Cricut machine before take some time to get to know it. Try a few different things and have a trial run with them before you want to create the vinyl transfers for your Easter jars. The more practice that you have, the more confident you will feel using it.
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time when it comes to creating the Cricut Easter jars.
- Make sure you have everything you need before you get started. You don’t want to start and then find that you needed to order something specific. Have everything ready before you get started.
- If you are painting the jars make sure that you only add wrapped candy or chocolate inside to avoid any cross-contamination between the food items and the paint.
Variations you could try
You might be looking at ways that you can vary this craft method and idea, and make it more of your own. Here are some of the variations that you could try.
- You can always apply this idea to different jars. All you need to do is adjust the sizing accordingly. So you could have smaller jars for small chocolates and candy, and then larger jars for larger items.
- These make great gifts or the perfect way to gift chocolate at Easter. You could add chocolate eggs to them and then decorate the jar with a ribbon so it looks more like a gift.
- Use different colors for the letters or contrasting colors if you are looking to paint the jars. This will help the Cricut Easter jars stand out.
- This concept and method can be applied to different times of the year. Instead of Easter, you could create Valentine Cricut jars and fill them with Chocolate Hearts. 4th of July you could add these Patriotic Chocolate Covered Oreos, use red, white and blue vinyl to add to the jars. Christmas or Birthdays make these Hot Chocolate Bombs and add to the mason jars. Or you could name the jars with specific names of people so that they can be a personalized gift.
You may have some questions, so hopefully, I have covered them below but please feel free to leave me a comment or get in touch via social media if you want to ask me anything.
If this will be your first time, make sure that you familiarize yourself with the machine. Read the instruction manual and also have a trial run before you get started with the Cricut Easter jars. The more aware of the machine you have or are using, the more confident you will feel when it comes to making different crafts.
You could always prepare the Cricut designs and then add them to the jars at a later stage if you wish to.