These soft and chewy Strawberry and Lemonade Cookies are a Summer favorite, they are so summery with a tang of lemon to a sweet cookie. Just the perfect combination.
Cookies made from cake mixes are something I have just started getting into as I find them to be the perfect texture chewy and soft just how I like my cookies. I am drawn to the pink and lemon color as this makes me fell so happy.
What a treat to have at a summer party or summer BBQ as who doesn’t love cookies, right?
Thee are so easy to make they are pretty much fool proof so if baking is not your strong suit then let me tell you, you will do these with ease and you may even surprise yourself how delicious they turn out.
These cookies will be lovely to serve with pink lemonade or even some strawberry milk, you could make these along side these strawberry milk cupcakes, if like me you love all things strawberry.
Strawberry Lemonade cake mix cookies are so pretty your guests will be asking you for the recipe, that is up to you weather you want to share it or not.
Ingredients needed to make the Strawberry Lemonade Crinkle Cookies Recipe
The ingredients list may be short, but that is what makes these strawberry lemonade cookies so easy, the look and flavor will delight your friends and family.
2/3 cup of cooking oil
1 cup powdered sugar
How to make these Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Cookies
Now that you have all of the ingredients that you need it is now time to make the Strawberry lemonade Crinkle Cookies. It is a simple recipe to follow, but provides creative and eye-catching results.
- In separate bowls add cake mix, 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil, mix them well. Once mixed place in the refrigerator for approx 30 minutes.
- Once they are in the fridge Preheat oven to 325, lightly grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
- Take the bowls from the fridge and Take a nickel size portion of each flavor and roll in your hands into a ball.
- Take the two balls and carefully roll together into a single ball.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar and place on a lightly greased cookie tray
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until perfectly cooked
- Remove from oven and let them cool for approx 5 minutes before removing from the baking tray.
If you are like me I love them warm, but make sure you leave some for your guests. These cookies would be perfect with these Funfetti Milkshakes
Recipe notes and tips
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
Make sure you store the cookies in an airtight container to ensure maximum freshness.
- If you are making these Strawberry Lemonade Cookies for an event or special occasion, a great tip is to make the cookies the day of the party. Just watch them though as little fingers might be tempted to eat them all before your guests arrive .
Variations to try
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- You could always make this different colored cake mix say like chocolate and vanilla flavored if you wanted. The same recipe would apply except you would need to buy a brown cake and vanilla cake mix. This could be a great alternative, or you could do a batch of each.
- Why not add a few extra touches. Edible glitter always looks very effective when used for decoration purposes.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
Can it be made ahead of time?
A great tip is to make these cookies ahead of time, but I must say I prefer cookies on the day they are made even when they are a little warm, but sometimes you have so much to do for a party or event that you don’t have the time. So making them the day before is perfectly fine too.
How should I store the Strawberry lemonade Cookies?
If you do need to store these cookies, the best way would be in an airtight container at room temperature. They should last a few days stored that way, although, they likely won’t last too long.
Can I freeze the Strawberry and lemonade crinkle cookies after they are cooked?
Yes you can, but best to freeze the cookie mixture before they ae cooked
These Pink Lemonade Cookies would go perfectly with a Pink Lemonade Party theme or a summer party
Enjoy your Strawberry Lemonade Cookies