Easter is a special holiday when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus! ✞
You may go to church, gather with family, have a special meal or spend time with friends. No matter how you celebrate you can make the day memorable and engaging with some delicious food that will bring everyone together
The Easter season is a time to celebrate new life and new beginnings and what better way to do that than with some new traditions!
Start your new Easter traditions this year and include some Easter Cross Cupcakes, that the whole crew will enjoy and the kids can help you make.
Ingredients needed to make the Easter Cross Cupcakes
Here is everything that you need to create these religious Cross Easter Cupcakes
- 1 box carrot cake mix + additional ingredients per directions or your favorite recipe
- Pretzel sticks, 1 ½ for each cross
- White cookie frosting
- Green frosting in piping bag with Wilton tip #233 for grass
- Flower sprinkles
Hot to make these Easter Cross Cupcakes:
Firstly, preheat oven to 350 degrees, bake cupcakes per recipe and cool completely.
Once the carrot cake cupcakes have cooled, assemble the cross by lining a whole pretzel with white frosting.
Place the ½ piece horizontally near the top as shown then line with white frosting
Place a flower sprinkle at the intersection, allow to set in the fridge until ready to use.
Place the cross standing on the cupcake
Pipe the grass around the cupcake leaving a path to the cross unfrosted, use the wilton tip #233 for the easiest and best looking grass icing.
Place flower sprinkles in the grass as desired
Serve these Easter Cross Carrot cake Cupcakes at your Easter Party and enjoy!
Easter Cupcakes Kids can help make and enjoy, making these carrot cake ones are a healthier option but not necessary if you want to make your favorite chocolate ones.
Recipe notes and tips
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- Always leave the cupcakes to cool completely before adding the frosting and decoration. The longer the better. If the cupcakes are too hot the frosting will melt and create a big mess.
- If children are helping, make sure they are supervised when using a stand or hand mixer.
- Make sure you store the cupcakes in an airtight container to ensure maximum freshness.
- If you are making these cupcakes for an event or special occasion, a great tip is to make the cakes a day before. If you leave the frosting till the last moment they will look amazing and taste like perfection. It will save you a lot of time when preparing for the party.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch directly.
If you would like a gluten free variety then you will need to make your favorite gluten free cupcakes, if you need a recommendation then these are delicious.
A great tip is to make these cupcakes ahead of time. This is because they can be fiddly with the frosting. So if you are making them for a specific event you could make these the day before, or even just leave the frosting until you need them and just get to the cooling stage.
If you do need to store these cupcakes, the best way would be in an airtight container at room temperature. They should last a few days stored that way, although, they likely won’t last too long.
If you do plan on freezing these cupcakes it would be best to do so after the stage of cooking and before you frost them. This is because the frosting and decoration won’t do too well in the freezer, but the cake mixture itself will.
Enjoy your Easter Cross Cupcakes!